Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Computer Problems


Are we simply too reliant on these machines? My "life" is in current turmoil because everywhere I go, I seem to be running into computer issues. In my work office every one on site is dealing with "connectivity issues." At home, my computer just "told" me that the browser I've been using for nearly two years, "wasn't my default browser!" "How could this be," I wondered. When I "reassured" my computer that it was my default browser, it proceeded to ELIMINATE two years worth of bookmarks! (I'm sure someone much more "techno" that me is reading this saying, "If you'd only done etc. etc. etc. then you could get all your bookmarks back." Well... I'm not that techno savvy and frankly, I'm just too mad!

I love my computer and all the stuff it can do, but I think I become much too reliant. Somewhere between pencil and paper and "all electronic" there is balance. I'm looking for it.

Haven't posted in over a month, but having to reestablish as many bookmarks as possible has brought me back again. Sorry this was a rant, but I do feel a little more at peace! Now... some quiet meditation, prayer and a good night's sleep... there's (thankfully) something I don't need a computer to assist in. Thank goodness!

3 comments:

happytheman said...

How are you, i'm up in Dallas on Tuesday. I'm in the same boat my computer is moving like a 286.....sic.

john alan turner said...

if only you guys would see the light and get a mac....

BrianG said...

I'm glad to see you back to your blog, even if it took a few computer bugs to do it. :-) Val & I just listened to Tim's Feb 24 sermon,since we missed that Sunday. It seems you have been living out "in this world you will have...." So, is your question to Tim this week going to be "Which horseman brought computer bugs?" Regardless, we can take assurance that the One who called the horesmen said "I have overcome the world", which I presume includes computer bugs (though I cannot find anyplace where He made specific reference to your problems).