Friday, May 25, 2007

Remembering to give thanks



If you're like me, there has been more than one occasion when something you have spent considerable time praying for comes to fruition, but it is not until some time later you remember to give thanks for the very thing for which you so passionately sought the Lord.

Today... it has been raining off and on with steady frequency and some sessions with considerable volume in some cloud bursts. Several months ago we were under an official "drought" condition and I was among many I know who were persistent in asking God to "send His rain."

Over the past several months God has been faithful in bringing the rain on this land and we are very close to being "officially" out of the drought. Though I've been thankful with each storm we've seen, it struck me with a greater sense of urgency today to give thanks.

God is good, all the time, rain or shine.

No comments: